lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP_NODELAY

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP_NODELAY
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:31:09 +0200

bill wrote:
Does setting this serve any purpose in raw mode since TF_NODELAY is
used only in sockets.c?
Yes, it's also used in tcp_output_do_nagle() in tcp.h

Ahh, yes.  My bad - thanks.  In raw mode, is there any benefit to setting
this versus what I'm currently doing - calling tcp_write followed by
tcp_output.  In fact, I guess I should ask is there any possible problems in
doing what I do?  Should I set TF_NODELAY and not call tcp_output?  Do both?
Do only tcp_output?  We do send small packets, they have to be sent
immediately.
Doing it yourself should also work, but TF_NODELAY would be the proper solution, I guess, also regarding future compatibility.

Simon