lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP discovery

From: Baptiste Chaboud-crousaz
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP discovery
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:25:07 +0200

Hi,

I know that a DHCP server tends to always re-assign the same IP address to a MAC address. But it is not compulsory.

Moreover, what happens when several DHCP servers are listening on the network. When my bootloader sends its DHCP discovery (a DHCP server has already offered an IP to my application), would it be possible that another DHCP server offers a new IP to my device? Or all the DHCP servers are aware about all binding IP/MAC?

My application and booyloader use the same MAC address.