lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users]Hostname for DHCP - where is it specified?

From: Bob Brusa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users]Hostname for DHCP - where is it specified?
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:32:40 -0000

Le 17/09/2010 17:15, Bob Brusa a écrit :
Hi
I am playing around with the example http_2 that comes with ecos. My Zyxel router recognizes my board and assigns it an IP-address. And yes - the program responds when entering this IP-address on a browser running on any of the PCs connected to my LAN. Similarely - a ping to this address works fine. The problem: The Zyxel router can not find the name of the board and hence, addressing my board by name does not work.

In the archive I found mails on this subject, but did not really understand them. It seems the name resolution code is already included in lwip. It uses netbios and is hence UDP based. So one has to enable UDP-protocol. Furthermore I found a remark, that this "netbios-handling"-thread must be initialized (in the http_2 app running in my board). All this triggers two questions:
a) where can I define the hostname of my board?
b) How and when do I start this netbios name resolution protocol?
Thanks for help and best regards
  roe