lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip and MPU (FreeRTOS-MPU)

From: jblackarty
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip and MPU (FreeRTOS-MPU)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 09:55:42 +0700

> I'm not sure what you're saying here: you found a mistake in Richard's mind?
> :-)

I was thought that I found. It turned out to be just only incorrect
expression of thought in context of our discussion. Anyway, it means
that I'm still right claiming that currupting of task stack is
dangerous for kernel.

> I don't think 7000 people per month are downloading the MPU version.
I know. It was a joke about amazing freertos statistics :)

> Same thing for lwIP: as you seem to be the first who wants to use
> lwIP with an MPU in this way, why don't you try to make it work and
> contribute the changes back to us?

I support the opensource ideas but I have a lot of work which feeds me. But
given
the situation I'm forced to modify lwIP (this is an extreme case I
really avoided). And if so, I do not mind to share it. But I warn: I'm
not sure in my professional skills and don't know how to make sure
that lwip is still stable after these modifications. Benefit of my contribution
might turn out to be more less then risks and time you will spend to
check and test it. Also, please, consider a proposal I made in
neighboring topic ("Re: [lwip-users] Adding a port of lwIP to the contrib
files").
How do we proceed ? Should I create alternative project on savannah, or
you'll make me lwip project member with git access to work on separate branch,
or
something else ?