lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Change in UPLOADER behaviour

From: WHITLOCK
Subject: LYNX-DEV Change in UPLOADER behaviour
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:31:26 -0600 (CDT)

Thanks, Fote, that patch did make it work better.  There's still an
interesting difference between the downloader menu and uploader menu.  When
I'm done with a download, it stays on the downloader menu page, and I press
left-arrow to get back.  When I'm done with an upload, it automatically goes
back to the file maint screen.  I can't think of too many times where right
after a download, I'd want to do another download without selecting
something different anyway, but I can see wanting to do several uploads in
succession, so these two behaviours would seem to make more sense if they
were swapped.  If the uploader menu stayed up, instead of returning to file
maint page, it would save the "u" and positioning to the desired uploader
line.  I took a quick look at the code, but not long enough to see how
the downloader page was managing to stay.

(Then there's also the enhancement of tagging & downloading multiple files
that I'll look at someday if no-one beats me to it.)

  -- Brad Whitlock
;
;