lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev mime types?

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mime types?
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 21:46:08 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:
>> so I could download Apple II files properly.
>
>You can do it by pressing "d" on the link.

Ok, but the problem when I do that is that Lynx says
text/plain

and I'm trying to download binary data..  Thus isn't this corrupting my data?

BTW, all I was trying to do was follow the same steps given to modify
browsers for downloading Apple II files..  basically IE and Netscape-intended
directions.

Someone else mentioned that mimetypes were a *server* thing..  Ok, my
impression that this was basically the same as setting up application mappings
in GUI browsers.. which is definitely an end user thing.