lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Spaces in Content-Disposition header

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Spaces in Content-Disposition header
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 15:41:22 -0400

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 11:35:26AM -0500, Kim Scarborough wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> If I'm reading the RFC correctly, this is the legitimate way to use
>
> But in this case, lynx would prompt you to save the file just as "file".
> Can logic be added to give the full filename in the save-as dialog? I
> see that a direct download would replace the spaces with hyphens, so I
> suppose it should be done that way to be consistent.

I used an older #2616 when working on this, rather than the current

https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc6266

since that came out in 2011 -

2006-01-22 (2.8.6dev.17)
* modify parsing of filename from Content-Disposition so that the name is not
  truncated on embedded whitespace.  For most systems, the blanks will be
  retained.  For VMS and MSDOS, the blanks are translated to underscores
  (Debian #291716) -TD

but even still, it's supposed to work -

Perhaps a test-url to experiment with would be helpful.

> (P.S. The README has the wrong URL for the mailing list archives.
> They're at <https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/> now.

A default "http" redirects to "https", as seen in a (Lynx) trace:

HTTP: Not sending authorization (yet).
Writing:
GET /archive/html/lynx-dev/ HTTP/1.0\r
Host: lists.nongnu.org\r
Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/sgml, text/css, */*;q=0.01\r
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, bzip2\r
\r
----------------------------------
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535
HTTP: Read 743
HTTP: Rx: HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
HTTP: Scanned 2 fields from line_buffer
--- Talking HTTP1.
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

--