lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] jump files do not correctly handle </dt>

From: Shawn J
Subject: [Lynx-dev] jump files do not correctly handle </dt>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 19:22:41 -0400

Lynx Version 2.9.0dev.6 (05 Sep 2020)
Ubuntu 21.10

I believe I've found a bug and I wanted to notify someone about it. What
I'm seeing is that jumps files are not processed correctly if entries have
a closing </dt> element leading to 'Unknown target' when attempting to use
the jump in lynx.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to configure the sample jumps file for
use and attempt to use the jump command from lynx. Removing the </dt>
elements(and cleaning up some of the whitespace) will allow jumps to work,
but </dt> should be valid if this file is interpreted as html. The sample
jumps file can be found here:
https://lynx.invisible-island.net/lynx_doc/samples/jumps.htm