Bugs in 3.81

From: Aviad Lahav
Subject: Bugs in 3.81
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:32:46 +0200

Hi all,

I've found the following bugs:

1. hOut pipe handle close prematurely, so all $(shell) functions failed on me:
I also fixed this: moved CloseHandle of stdout from process_begin() to process_easy(), after the call to process_register().

2. Various backslash and quotes problems in launching sh.exe. I use MKS shell.
I fixed the algorithm in make_command_line() to match my shell.

3. There's a problem in dependency files:
If there's "-include myfile.dep" and myfile.dep contains dependencies on non-existing files (renamed or deleted .h files), make just stops with no indicative error. I can see "failed to make .h file" in make -d, and then all dependent targets are "given up". I didn't find where the problem lies.

Are any of these known? I can send my changes to anybody interested.

Cheers,
- Aviad