Re: Bugs in 3.81

From: Aviad Lahav
Subject: Re: Bugs in 3.81
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:05:43 +0200

Not exactly; I know this page and the workaround described.
But the problem is that I don't even get the "No rule to make target" error: make just stops and doesn't issue any error report. As far as I remember, make 3.80 *did* display an error message.

On 3/27/07, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2007-3-27 10:32 UTC, Aviad Lahav wrote:

> 3. There's a problem in dependency files:
> If there's "-include myfile.dep" and myfile.dep contains dependencies on
> non-existing files (renamed or deleted .h files), make just stops with
> no indicative error. I can see "failed to make .h file" in make -d, and
> then all dependent targets are "given up". I didn't find where the
> problem lies.

If this is the "No rule to make target ..." problem
discussed here:
   http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html#basic
then here's a way to avoid it:
  http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html#norule