Re: build issue with bootstrap.bat

From: charlie
Subject: Re: build issue with bootstrap.bat
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 07:47:51 +0400

Hi Paul,

Sorry my bad for not reading README.git. Makes sense now.

I need to build from source, and one of the features I was looking for was the detection of VS2019 in the build process. The version from Jan 2020 does not detect VS2019, that's why I was using the git version. Based on your feedback, I downloaded https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/make/make-4.3.92.tar.gz. That builds just fine per README.W32 as you mentioned.

As for the sed issue, I could not find a way to build Guile from source using VS2019, so not a mountain I can climb. So in the case of make I'll stick to the released versions.

Thanks for your work on make!

VR, Charlie