Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with map rendering
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 16:29:59 +0200

Hi,

* Julie Soulas <address@hidden> [2010-05-03 09:35:26]:

> Indeed, seems like some tables are missing. I don't have
>    - django_session,
>    - map_areas,
>    - maposmatic_maprenderingjob,
>    - maposmatic_maprenderingjob_id_seq,
>    - planet_osm_nodes,
>    - planet_osm_rels,
>    - planet_osm_ways.
>
> I am especially concerned about the 3 last tables, because I have
> the other four tables named planet_osm_(something), and I guess they
> were created at the same moment (while importing the OSM data). But
> I don't remember having met with any difficulty during this step of
> the installation.

Pierre's list of tables is actually a bit too extensive. After the data
import with osm2pgsql, and following the rest of the INSTALL procedure
for MapOSMatic/Ocitysmap, you should have the following tables:

  maposmatic=# \dt
                List of relations
   Schema |        Name        | Type  | Owner
  --------+--------------------+-------+-------
   public | geometry_columns   | table | sam
   public | planet_osm_line    | table | sam
   public | planet_osm_nodes   | table | sam
   public | planet_osm_point   | table | sam
   public | planet_osm_polygon | table | sam
   public | planet_osm_rels    | table | sam
   public | planet_osm_roads   | table | sam
   public | planet_osm_ways    | table | sam
   public | spatial_ref_sys    | table | sam
  (9 rows)

If you don't have all the planet_osm_* tables, it is likely that your
data import did not complete.

Can you try importing a small dataset (like France):
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/france.osm.bz2

And give us the output of the osm2pgsql import process?

Thanks!
- Maxime

--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''