[Maposmatic-dev] Presentation of MapOSMatic in French

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Presentation of MapOSMatic in French
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:56:04 +0100

Hello,

I intent to make a presentation on MapOSMatic in French within
Gulliver, our local LUG. I'll start from SoTM presentation. I've
quickly browsed through it and I already have a question: was is the
current hardware setting for the current rendering pipeline? If I
remember correctly, the Django front-end is within a virtual machine
(on which hardware?) and the back-end is on a big shared machine (24
cores?). Any correction or detail?

Another question: what has been added or is still in the dev pipeline
since last hackfest? Right now, I can think of:
 * Added: re-rendering button for maps, joined index on the sheet,
selection of paper size, improvement of GIS SQL query (when finding
streets and amenities within city area), ... ?
 * Yet in development: support of map styles, ... ?

Best regards,
david