Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Presentation of MapOSMatic in French

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Presentation of MapOSMatic in French
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:37:18 -0800

Hi David,

* David MENTRE <address@hidden> [2010-12-19 15:56:04]:

> I intent to make a presentation on MapOSMatic in French within
> Gulliver, our local LUG. I'll start from SoTM presentation. I've
> quickly browsed through it and I already have a question: was is the
> current hardware setting for the current rendering pipeline? If I
> remember correctly, the Django front-end is within a virtual machine
> (on which hardware?) and the back-end is on a big shared machine (24
> cores?). Any correction or detail?

Cool! Thanks for doing this!

On the current infrastructure:

  * the database is hosted on a build node the FSF-France gracefully
    allows us to use. It's a 24-core, 64GB of ram machine on which we
    run PostgreSQL 8.4 + PostGIS 1.5 with Osmosis minutely updates;

  * the web service and rendering pipeline is hosted on a virtual
    machine hosted at Enix.org (3 cores, 4GB of ram, 1TB of disk).

> Another question: what has been added or is still in the dev pipeline
> since last hackfest? Right now, I can think of:
>  * Added: re-rendering button for maps, joined index on the sheet,
> selection of paper size, improvement of GIS SQL query (when finding
> streets and amenities within city area), ... ?
>  * Yet in development: support of map styles, ... ?

The "Recreate Map" button is already in production, as well as a few
backported fixes, but the rest is still only on the development instance
as far as I remember.

Happy holidays,
- Maxime
--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''