Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [Maposmatic-contact] Danish translation

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [Maposmatic-contact] Danish translation
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:25:48 +0200

Le Wed, 4 Apr 2012 10:53:17 +0200,
Guttorm Flatabø <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Is it necessary to use this kind of unintelligible encoding? Isn't it
> all utf8 and thus will also accept utf8? In Waymarked
> Trails<https://github.com/lonvia/waymarked-trails-site>we also use
> django and gettext for translation and normal utf8 encoding is
> no problem.

No, it is not necessary. In fact, I don't think we have done anything
intentional here: the source code itself contains the UTF-8 character,
so it must have been the extraction of the translation strings that
have converted this character to the corresponding escape sequence.

Note that the code in question is not Django-based, so we don't have
the Django infrastructure. It is pure-Python code, so the translation
infrastructure is slightly different.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                http://thomas.enix.org