[GMG-Devel] 0.0.5 / 0.1.0 blogpost outline

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [GMG-Devel] 0.0.5 / 0.1.0 blogpost outline
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:26:19 -0500

I'm handing this over to Deb to turn into a blogpost, but thought I'd
run it by the list... a couple of caveats: a couple of items are
"commented out" (start with #) which means they may or may not make it
into the release, or in terms of the contributors, I'm not sure about if
they did contribute or not.  Unfortunately, due to a known issue it's
impossible for me to see who all submitted translations for sure.  If
you know that someone's missing from the contributor list because of
this, or if anything else is wrong here, please reply!

 - Intro
   - This has been a HUGE month of awesome features and improvements
   - Maybe our best month yet!
 - Features
   - Translations [SCREENSHOT]
     - We got the functionality working
     - We are set up on Transifex now:
https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/mediagoblin/resource/mediagoblin/
     - We are translated into 14 languages!
   - A new favicon!  A new and reworked homepage! [SCREENSHOT]
   - Progress on the logo
   - Improved 404 (not found) and 500 (internal server error) pages!
[SCREENSHOT]
   - A site export / import tool (makes a tarball of the current site,
     database and assets!)
   - Media attachments!  (an optional, not enabled-by-default for
     security reasons feature though) [SCREENSHOT]
   - OpenStack/Rackspace CloudFiles support for storage!  (has some
     bugs we're working out though... )
   - An experimental "MountStorage" system for mounting multiple
     storage systems under one
   - Link to the original size of an image when it's scaled down
   - SMTP (email sending) configuration options
   - An internals overhaul to the way we process media
   - Tons of small code and graphical impmrovements
   - Movement on docs (still much in progress though)
   - User experience testing
     - We've started collecting user experience testing
     - Caleb Davis is graciously hosting and running a user experience testing
server
     - This should link to the wiki: http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/User_Experience
   - Project infrastructure (wiki improvements, moving to a new
     bugtracker, other things)
 - Thank contributors
   - Will Kahn-Greene
   - Deb Nicholson
   - Joar Wandborg
   - Christopher Allan Webber
   - Jef van Schendel
   - Osama Khalid
   - Elrond of Samba TNG
   - Alejandro Villanueva
   - Caleb Davis
   - Karen Rustad
   - Alex Camelio
   - Thorsten Wilms
   - Jarred de Beer
   - Sam Kleinman
   - Jim Campbell
   - Aleksej Serdjukov
   - Mark Holmquist
   - Jacobo Nรกjera Valdez
   - Vinzenz Vietzke
   - Bennis Welt
   - https://www.transifex.net/accounts/profile/osc/
   - Odin Hรธrthe Omdal
   - https://www.transifex.net/accounts/profile/lasconic/
   - https://www.transifex.net/accounts/profile/harryhow/
   - https://www.transifex.net/accounts/profile/Arder/
   - Jure Repinc
   - https://www.transifex.net/accounts/profile/gap/ ?
   - https://www.transifex.net/accounts/profile/aleksejrs/
   # - Larisa Hoffenbecker
   # - Jan-Christoph Borchardt ?
   # - Shawn Khan
 - State of things / What's next?
   - People are starting to set up and play with sites
   - Looks realistically like we'll get a site up in October
   - Ability to delete media
   - Lost password functionality

--
๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“๐“ต๐“ต๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฆ๐“ฎ๐“ซ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป