[GMG-Devel] email over the last 10 days

From: will kahn-greene
Subject: [GMG-Devel] email over the last 10 days
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:26:17 -0400

Yesterday, you might have discovered that you got a bunch of GMG-Devel emails that were sent over the last 10 days. I really apologize for this. What happened is that the mailman qrunner process had stopped running and thus wasn't checking the incoming mailing list queue and sending things out. I'm pretty sure that I did a server update 10 days ago and that shut down the qrunner but didn't start it up again.

To prevent this from happening again, I'll write a script that checks the server health and tells me if there are issues and runs every 12 hours or so. That'll reduce the likelihood that project infrastructure goes down for long periods of time without anyone noticing.

Again, my apologies.

/will