Re: [GMG-Devel] New to Mediagoblin

From: Joar Wandborg
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] New to Mediagoblin
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 17:27:19 +0200

Sorry, I missed the fact that you are trying to upload an Ogg Vorbis file.

See http://docs.mediagoblin.org/siteadmin/media-types.html#video and http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Audio_support for instructions on installing the dependencies and enabling media types.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Joar Wandborg <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tobias,

on Debian-derived systems we usually tell people to do one of two things:

1. The python-imaging way

Uninstall the PIL that python installed in the `python setup.py develop`
step either by running

    pip uninstall PIL

or

    rm ./lib/python2.?/site-packages/PIL* -r

Then install the `python-imaging` package

    sudo apt-get install python-imaging

2. The build-your-own-PIL way

When you install PIL via any of the python packaging tools, like
pip/easy_install, it will compile the core of PIL. As always while
compiling stuff locally, you'll need the development packages for installed
locally, usually this can be done by running

    sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev libjpeg8-dev libpng-dev

When you have the development packages installed, you should run

    ./bin/pip install --upgrade PIL

This will recompile PIL with zip, png and jpeg support.

Joar