[GMG-Devel] Pugins plans

From: Tumulte Dogma
Subject: [GMG-Devel] Pugins plans
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:04:33 +0100

Hey guys !

for dogmazic I plan to make few plugins for mediagoblin, if there's
anything I should know about best practices : fill me in. However, the
main reason I'm mailling you, is because I don't want to do something
that's already done :)

I take any tips you can give me. Wanna do things properly

Basically here's the first stuff we gonna need :

- Album view
- Genre filter
- archive/multiple upload

So far so good.

There's also a really tricky part... I got to discuss with you how
complicated it would be to import current users.
Basically we got 24 000 users on a mysql DB. They use a php's crypt
authentication. Do you think there's any way to import them into a
mediagoblin instance ?

I'm just trying to guess how hard it would be. It'll help me decide if I
do that now, later or never.

Thanks a lot,

all the best

T.:.E