Re: [GMG-Devel] Clarifying site's organisation

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Clarifying site's organisation
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:59:56 -0600

Thanks to both of you for having this conversation.  I'm glad that
exchanging mockups seems to have lead to some useful results.

As said on IRC, I think we are not going to change our wiki/docs
distinction.  I think it's true that the main page should help guide
people to the right place better, and this document seems to suggest
better ways of how to do that.

We are talking about building a more solid "development corner" section
of the actual docs.  It might be that the HackingHowto would move there
in that case, but I'm still not sure that's best.  But even assuming it
did, I think the use of the wiki would not go away, because there's a
lot of "ad hoc" contributor collaboration notes that happen there:
design proposals, deployment tricks, etc.

I think what we should do is implement the new site design (I know, I
know, that's currently on me to work on new wording) and then look at
where we're at.

 - Chris