Re: [GMG-Devel] About Blogging System Project

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] About Blogging System Project
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:57:30 -0500

Heya Aditi, welcome to the MediaGoblin community :)

Cool, I'm excited that you're interested in applying to the Outreach
Program for Women!  (Since you're also a student, you should also apply
to Google Summer of Code if you qualify... once you apply to one, it's
about the same amount of work to apply to both and they're very similar,
and it increases your chances of getting a slot!)

I'm very interested in speaking further to you about ideas on the
blogging project.  Can you easily access IRC?  If so, I do encourage you
to join #mediagoblin on irc.freenode.net.  You can access that in an IRC
client, or if you aren't sure what that means, you can try:

  http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=mediagoblin

Also please introduce yourself to me, I'm paroneayea in the channel.

In the meanwhile if you want to get a development environment, you can
set one up by going through:
  http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/HackingHowto

But we can also discuss that on IRC.

Looking forward to speaking with you!