Re: [GMG-Devel] Adventures in database migrations

From: ayleph
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Adventures in database migrations
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 16:29:49 -0800

On 12/06/2015 01:31 PM, Jessica Tallon wrote:
> Both the efficiany issues and broken activities problems are issues. If
> you can report them that'd be great otherwise I can always do it when I
> come to fix them tomorrow. If you do file them can you reply with the
> issue numbers just so i can make a note for when i get to them.

Hi Jessica, thanks for your attention on this. I've created the tickets
below to address the two classes of issues.

- Migrations 29 and 35 consume hard drive
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5368

- Broken activities cause database migration errors
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5369

Thanks also for the tremendous work you've done on the database
migrations. Considering the size of my database and how much live
debugging I've performed on my instance, I'm impressed that I didn't
encounter more issues than I did.

--
ayleph