Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin self-test failures

From: Mikhail T.
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Mediagoblin self-test failures
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 22:08:07 -0500

On 19.01.2016 20:19, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
Hello Mikhail! And sorry for the delay in response!
Well, better late than never :)
and am seeing the following self-test failures. Is the self-test suit
supposed to run clean, or is it known to be broken in places?

    http://aldan.algebra.com/~mi/tmp/mediagoblin-test-failures.txt
Hm, no most of those are not errors that I'm familiar with.  The
detached session one is the only one I know of having that problem.
Most, but not all? Could you identify the known failures, so I don't struggle with them?

At least some of the errors are due simply to missing test-images. For example, tests/test_exif/has-gps.jpg does not exist in the 0.8.1 tarball -- but is present in git. Similarly, tests/test_exif/good.jpg is missing -- I use tests/test_submission/good.jpg as substitute, perhaps, incorrectly.

Obviously, the 0.8.1 was not verified to pass all of the self-tests bundled with the release. Is this something, that'll change with the next releases, or am I wasting time trying to make the port verify the newly-built package post-build?
Note that there are currently some errors in master; see
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/5398

However it looks like your errors are from prior to that point?
Dunno -- I use 0.8.1, where does this place me?

BTW, am I right, that 0.8.1 is the most current release? Thanks! Yours,
Yes, that's right!
Any ETA for the next release? Any important functionality/security fixes I should be adding to the port before that? Thank you! Yours,
-mi