Re: [GMG-Devel] Want a new hook for a search plugin

From: Tom Fay
Subject: Re: [GMG-Devel] Want a new hook for a search plugin
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 21:39:49 +0000

There's a bit of similarity between the two, insofar as they both make a whoosh
index and write documents to it...

My code is currently working with the latest mediagoblin code, but doesn't work
with 0.8.1 and earlier, as it relies on a couple of recent code changes. For
example, on startup it uses the updated attribute of a MediaEntry to determine
whether or not to re-index the entry.

There was an existing issue on trac,
https://issues.mediagoblin.org/ticket/960, so I've grabbed it. Praveen/Chris,
if you have any questions or want to discuss this further then let's do it
there. I'll look into adding a couple of more features, such as the ability to
search for media by comments, and use celery to build the index on startup,
before seeing if you want to add it to the core plugins.

Cheers,
Tom

 ---- On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:11:28 +0000 Christopher Allan Webber
<address@hidden> wrote ----