microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] Re: tab completion only completing local directories in

From: Yaohan Chen
Subject: [microdc-devel] Re: tab completion only completing local directories in microdc2 0.15.6
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 02:45:04 -0400

It turns out that a line "TAB: menu-complete" in my ~/.inputrc caused
microdc2's custom tab completion to be disabled, and with that removed,
microdc2 tab completion works correctly now. I have no idea why this is the
case (I just noticed that running microdc2 as a different user was free of
the problem, and did a strace to find out that it reads .inputrc). Could
anyone confirm and/or explain this? Maybe it's worth it to document this for
any other user who might potentially encounter this problem (the TAB:
menu-complete line seems to be recommended by some bash FAQs).

Yaohan Chen