microdc-devel

Re: [microdc-devel] re-implement sharedir in config / reconnect on no da

From: Steffen Schulz
Subject: Re: [microdc-devel] re-implement sharedir in config / reconnect on no data
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:34:11 +0200

On 070817 at 05:47, Mike wrote:
> I like that share is now a command, but I had setup all my files to be
> located under a central location, so I could start microdc unattended
> and it would load all my files automatically (I share more than
> download). Please consider re-implementing the ability to specify at
> least one "main" share directory as a config var.

microdc loads the last shared data by default. I use microdc with
screen on a server and never had to update the shared folders.

> Second one is an improvement to the new auto_reconnect. It's great and
> saves me a lot of trouble (I have a script that kills/restarts microdc
> every 60 minutes to insure it remains connected), but microdc2 fails to
> reconnect when the client is connecting to the hub via a local stunnel
> (http://www.stunnel.org/) wrapper. In this case the "hub" (which is
> really the stunnel daemon) doesn't shut down the connection but rather
> simply stops sending data. DC++ in win32 does detect this condition and
> starts the reconnecting loop just like when a regular hub goes down. It
> would be great to be able to replicate this behavior.

I use ssh and run microdc inside screen on the server, which is
probably the end point of your stunnel.

> Hopefully someone with the right coding skills will consider adding
> these features. Thanks a bunch, and keep up the great work.

You'll probably need to patch it yourself. But all patches are
being collected.

/steffen
--
Holzhacken ist deshalb so beliebt, weil man bei dieser
Tätigkeit den Erfolg sofort sieht.      -- Albert Einstein