Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updated gtksourceview packages

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Updated gtksourceview packages
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:59:55 +0200

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Matias De la Puente <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >> Also, to build my project i need the gtksourceview and libgee packages, so
> >> attached gtksourceview.mk and libgee.mk to build those
> [...]
> > For some reason gtksourceview 2.10.2 was deleted and they released
> > 2.10.3, the attached file download and build the latest.
>
> Thanks for the contribution. I just included your gtksourceview.mk:
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/85c54711a8f8

I noticed a problem with gtksourceview and gettext. It seems to
require a natively available intltool:

| checking for intltool >= 0.40... ./configure: line 11228: intltool-update:
command not found
|  found
| configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.40 or later.

I tried to circumvalent it, but this package seems to be a really pathological
case where the Intltool is absolutely needed.

So I adjusted the build script accordingly:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/5be557847974

Even when installing the Intltool natively, some other errors appear:

| echo "#include \"gtksourceview-marshal.h\"" > gtksourceview-marshal.c && \
|          gtksourceview-marshal.list --body --prefix=_gtksourceview_marshal >>
gtksourceview-marshal.c
| /bin/sh: line 1: gtksourceview-marshal.list: command not found

This problem is caused by an empty "AM_V_GEN", which is initialized as:

    AM_V_GEN = $(am__v_GEN_$(V))

which seems to require a ./configure / automake variable "am__v_GEN_..."
which isn't provided anywhere in the ./configure script or its macros.

For these reasons, I temporarily removed the gtksourceview package:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/345c6dcbaaaf

For further experiments, you can download the latest version of
gtksourceview.mk from here:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/5be557847974/src/gtksourceview.mk

I hope you are (or someone else is) able to fix the issues, and I'd
be glad to include it once it works.

Greets,
Volker

--