Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Installing in Offline Environment

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Installing in Offline Environment
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:44:57 +1000

> On 15 Sep 2019, at 03:03, Gerardo Ballabio <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I too usually build MXE packages offline. In fact I go even further
> than you: I run "make -n download-*" to get the list of required
> packages and then I download them by hand (this lets me avoid wasting
> bandwidth by downloading a package if I already have it from a
> previous build -- I probably don't need this anymore but until quite
> recently I did not have a fast internet connection).

You shouldn’t need to do this even if you have unlimited bandwidth,
the files should not be downloaded again. Building offline is fully
supported (and encouraged), we even disable networking during build
phases to simulate a real offline scenario.

If “make download-foo” isn’t downloading all dependencies, it’s a
major bug.

Cheers,

Tony