Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error on first builsd: unable to download qt-

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error on first builsd: unable to download qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.7.tar.gz
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 18:34:49 +1100

> On 15 Oct 2019, at 00:16, James Garner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> […]
> My goal with loading mxe at home was to see what cross-compilation using MXE
> was like, and how difficult/eady it was when using various build tools and
> IDE's, this is why I simply decided to build the whole thing, and go out as
> was suggested in the help files. So, following the directions in the help
> files,?? I entered the following at the command line:
>
> $ su
>
> $mv -r /home/user/mxe /opt/mxe
>
> $cd /opt/ mxe
>
> $ mv
>
> $ make

Okay, I’ve pushed a simple fix to use the same “make” mxe was invoked with:
    https://github.com/mxe/mxe/commit/fba69d2005e62c4bbf8e8e34d3ce629750055d8a

You should also look at setting JOBS and -j options, see:
    https://mxe.cc/#usage

> I believe that in QtCreator, I can set the default build tool. At the tie of
> the build, it was set to use qmake, but I can change it to use cmake.
>
> If it is self detecting, than it may be looking at its own default setting
> and choosing qmake because of how I have QtCreator configured. Perhaps I
> should try changing that setting, then attempting to rebuild mxe to see what
> happens.

QtCreator settings won’t affect the mxe build - those would be used after you
have built mxe to tell QtCreator which prefixed toolchain to use, e.g.:

    i686-w64-mingw32.static-cmake
    i686-w64-mingw32.static-qmake

> Now to important issues of the rebuild: Should I wipe out the current build,
> and start over from scratch, of can I save waht was bult, excpluding and Qt
> stuff? If I choose the latter, how to I guarantee getting rid of all the bad
> (and only the bad)?

You can keep what you’ve built so far, simply type “make” again after a "git
pull”,
the tmp-qt-* directory will be deleted and the build will resume from where it
failed.

Cheers,

Tony