Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: No experience with Linux or Unix

From: Sir Pingus
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: No experience with Linux or Unix
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 01:13:41 +0200

on mandrake 8.2, as I use, i suggest you to use mldonkey-shared.
in fact the static version doesn't work at home on my MDK82.
I suppose that it is the same thing for you too.
you extract the tar.bz2 into your home directory.
If you use a firewall open these ports (udp and tcp) : 4661 to 4666 + 13842
to lauch mldonkey:
open a shell and goto the folder where you extact files and do: ./mldonkey
here the core is lauched.
after that tou have to lauch the gui to make easily download and upload. go to
the same folder
and do : ./mldonkey_gui

that's all.

Bye Pingus ;-)