Re: [Mldonkey-users] Napster Support in Mldonkey 1.99

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Napster Support in Mldonkey 1.99
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:49:30 +0200 (CEST)

>  i recently compiled mldonkey 1.99 from CVS. I searched for some MP3´s and
>  mldonkey found the files on OpenNapster. However the download does not
>  start. It´s now for about 4 days in the queue.

It is harder to recover downloads on Napster than on eDonkey. Often,
if a download can't be started immediatly, it will never start because
the source is not available anymore (or is on another server).

>  Do i have to open some more ports (other then 4660 to 4665) to allow
>  OpenNapster to work? What about the other Clients like Limewire/AudioGalaxy
>  etc. Which ports do they use?

Each network use its own ports. I can't remember for all of them, but
you can probably read the default port in the .ini file for each
network (opennap.ini).

Regards,

- MLDonkey