Re: [Mldonkey-users] [Mldonkey-users]Pb with compilation on MacOS X.2

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [Mldonkey-users]Pb with compilation on MacOS X.2
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:56:33 +0200 (CEST)

>  Hi,
>  I tried to compile the release 1.16 from the cvs sources for several
>  days, but I already got an error during the opt compilation. Here's
>  what I have :
>
>  [pismo:local/src/mldonkey] jon# make opt
>  cd ocamlopt-3.05; make
>  make[1]: *** No rule to make target `asmcomp//arch.ml', needed by
>  `asmcomp/arch.ml'.  Stop.
>  make: *** [ocamlopt-3.05/ocamlopt] Error 2

First, check that mldonkey/config/Makefile.config contains a line:

ARCH=something

For you, on a Mac, it should be ARCH=power. Correct it, and try to
compile again.

If it doesn't work (send me your Makefile.config and config.log
files), try to install ocaml-3.05 again from the sources, but apply
the patch mldonkey/patches/ocaml-3.05.patch before. Then, "make
distclean" and ./configure again in mldonkey...

- MLDonkey