[Mldonkey-users] Heavy dl-traffic without a download?

From: Rainer Krauss
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Heavy dl-traffic without a download?
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 23:40:39 +0200

Hi,

i'm new to mldonkey as i got dsl just a week ago.

I've downloaded the CVS version today and compiled and installed it
with just a few minor changes compared to the default (like setting ul
to 8kB, another name and port).

I was downloading about 1GB of movie data. Download at rates
of 60-70 kB - very good :) so i took a break for watching TV.
When i got back to the screen 70% where downloaded and i saw there was
no dl anymore. As i had other stuff to do i "kill"ed it for a while
and later restarted mldonkey. Now there is about an hour of still no
download anymore. Well, not a problem, but iptraf shows nearly
constant 600kbit of download traffic. It showed about the same when
the download was running.
When i'm not downloading anything it's about 50-70kbit max.

I'm not doing anything to the net nor does any of the running
processes but mldonkey.

It looks like if mldonkey forgot about the parts it allready
downloaded and is now downloading the file from ground up but not
showing any information about that. "vd" just sais 80% downloaded,
rate -.

Could that be true? What else could mldonkey be doing? I'm not running
a server nor any other services than the donkey network.
(default install)

Is there a way to check what it is doing? The logfile (with verbose)
looks like:

[FOUND FILE]-c[QUERY LOC][QUERY LOC][QUERY LOC][QUERY LOC][QUERY
LOC]?C?CU[QUERY ID]U[FOUND FILE]******* [CCONN OK
] ********[FOUND FILE]UU[FOUND FILE]U-!C-c[REMOTE CONN]******* [PCONN
OK] ********U-c-!C-c-c-c-c-cUU-cU-cU-!C-c-cU******
* [CCONN OK] ********-cU-cUUUUUU-c-cU-!C-cU[QUERY LOC][QUERY
LOC][QUERY LOC][QUERY LOC][QUERY LOC]-cU[QUERY ID]U-cU[REMO
TE CONN]U******* [PCONN OK] ********-cU-cUU-!C-c[FOUND
FILE]?C?C?CU-cU******* [CCONN OK] ********?CUU-!C-c******* [CCONN
OK] ********-!C-c[QUEUED][FREE][NEXT]-cUU******* [CCONN OK]
********[FOUND FILE][FOUND FILE]UU[REMOTE CONN]******* [PCO
NN OK] ********UU[QUEUED][FREE][NEXT]UUU[FOUND FILE]?CU******* [CCONN
OK] ********-cU[QUERY LOC][QUERY LOC][QUERY LOC][Q
UERY LOC][QUERY LOC]?CU-!C-c[QUERY
ID]-c?CU-c-c-!C-c[QUEUED][FREE][NEXT]-cU-cU-!C-c******* [CCONN OK]
****** [CCONN OK] ********U-cUU-c[FOUND FILE][FOUND
FILE]?C?CU?CUUU******* [CCONN OK] ********[QUEUED][FREE][NEXT]-cU-cU

Don't know what it means but again looks like a download in
progress?

I have no X installed, telnet only, no gui.

Thanks.