Re: [Mldonkey-users] Heavy dl-traffic without a download?

From: Rainer Krauss
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Heavy dl-traffic without a download?
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:29:16 +0200

Hi,

RK> It looks like if mldonkey forgot about the parts it allready
RK> downloaded and is now downloading the file from ground up but not
RK> showing any information about that. "vd" just sais 80% downloaded,
RK> rate -.

now i know more about it. My HD run low on space and it turned out
that this file got bigger and bigger. So i was right that the dl was
still running - looks like some faked chunks?

However neither vd nor the directory listing showed anything about
the ongoing download - but when i canceled this file i got more than
2 GB of free disc space back, while the file was about 1 GB on disk
with (vd) about 800kb allready downloaded.

Sidequestion, is there a way to change some functions under the
/donkey tree? I would like to add some information and beautify the
telnet- and weboutput a little but seems i cant compile these part
without the /secret stuff. I dont need the /secret parts, not
interested in it - but is there a way to compile without it? (Don't
know anything about ocaml but doesnt look too difficult to add
some information output and make it look a little nicer - if it
could be compiled)

Thanks.