Re: [Mldonkey-users] prioritie rules

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] prioritie rules
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:02:06 +0200 (CEST)

>  I think that will be great to set priorities like:
>
>  first, download the files with the biggest percent downloaded. (to finish
> the first and free
>  space)
>  second, to download the files with less avability (like overnet, i think,
> but im not sure).
>  3ยบ... other user defined rules...

Priorities are not easy to implement: what does the "download these
files first" means ? that you should not try to download the other
files ? what happens if they are no slots available for these files,
and you could download other non-priviledged files ? your download
bandwidth would be unused...

I think the best implementation of priorities is the "pause/resume"
button, which allows you to pause some files when another file needs
space AND IS BEING DOWNLOADING.

Regards,

- MLDonkey