monit-dev

monit 4.4 final release?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: monit 4.4 final release?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:01:19 +0200

Hi,

what about to release monit-4.4 final version? It seems that there are no known bugs.

I though that it should contain yet following features:

- make system wide monitoring (cpu usage, memory, etc.) regular monit service => it will allow to do actions, etc.

- add 'monit summary' command to present short service state overview
['monit status |grep ...' can be used as workaround until it will be implemented]

- possibly add 'monit status {<service>|all}' command to allow service specific complete status display (in addition to present 'all' service status)
[new feature]

I have partly implemented the first item, but it complicates the development of m/monit for me (the patch which implements event upstream to m/monit needs to be merged => each such change is extra work). I will better merge the features with event upstream patch and add it later (as soon as m/monit will be ready).

What do you think? Can we release 4.4 final?

Martin