Re: m/monit 1.0.1

From: Andreas Rust
Subject: Re: m/monit 1.0.1
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:51:24 +0200

Hi,

The only thing that appears curious to me seems to be part of the log:

::ffff:127.0.0.1 - - [13/Aug/2004:14:57:27 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 0

Aha, m/monit has rudimentary support for IPv6, this combined with Linux rudimentary support for v6 (at least on old Linuxes) may generate problems. I'll look more into the m/monit code and see if something needs to be done there. If (in the meantime) you care to try and run m/monit on a IPv4 stack it should probably work much better.

Last night I successfully managed to get it going by commenting out all "ip-contraint" lines (only did for admin in the first place) and then switching to login.html manually. It works fine from a remote machine now, the local mozilla, opera and other browsers tend to show the permission or cookie problems note on the posts before though.

The direct connection to http://ip:8080/ never works out somehow.

If I find the time, I will test on a more recent distri soon.

l8r

    Andreas Rust     -   webnova GmbH
    address@hidden  -   www.webnova.de
    Tel:  +49 (0)700 - 20 30 7000