Re: [monit] monit , monitor a procces without a pid file

From: Pablo Iranzo Gómez
Subject: Re: [monit] monit , monitor a procces without a pid file
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:13:38 +0100

        Why don't wrapping process starter to write a PID file on start?

        Regards
        Pablo

El jue, 08-11-2007 a las 19:08 +0200, address@hidden
escribió:
> Hy friends,
>
> Have a questions: monit can monitor a process without a pid file , but
> have a pid number?
> So let say have some process called test.
> If give the command ps auxww | egrep test and the result is
> root 4435 0.0 0.1 2332 148 ? Ss 06:33 0:00 test
> the pid is 4435,
> how can I put somenthing like that in monit conf file to check that
> program  test is working.It si possible to create a virtual pid file as
> result ps command? I have let say the stop and start commands....
>
> If is something wrong that I writte, please tell me
>
> Alex
>

> --

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (address@hidden)
RHCE/Global Profesional Services Consultant Spain
Phone: +34 645 01 01 49 (CET/CEST)
GnuPG KeyID: 0xFAD3CF0D

--
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B-82 65 79 41
Directores: Michael Cunningham, Charlie Peters y David Owens