[Monotone-devel] oops, 0.11 release!

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] oops, 0.11 release!
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:12:23 -0500

hi,

I just realized I forgot to mention it here: returning to my near-monthly timed release schedule, I released 0.11 this week. it has a lot of serious bug fixes, some improvements to the netsync protocol and CVS importer, dependency upgrades, and an official (documentation-level) deprecation of the old networking system. it'll be removed from the code in the next release. the NEWS file contains a more complete list:

http://www.venge.net/monotone/NEWS

an important item in there is that I bit the bullet and changed the database page size. this is the most disruptive client-side change I expect to do for a long time. the page size is now 8k, which cuts most large databases in half (there was a lot of wasted overhead in managing small 1k pages). to upgrade you will need to dump and reload your database. it's documented in the NEWS file there.

I'm paying for some real hosting hardware now, so I'd be happy to set people up with netsync service hosted on that machine, for reasonable-sized projects, if you want to play around with it. send me a monotone pubkey if you're interested.

-graydon