[Monotone-devel] Re: MinGW patch

From: Jon Bright
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: MinGW patch
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:41:24 +0200

graydon hoare wrote:

Jon Bright wrote:

Is there some disadvantage to the more general fix which is avoided by mkpath?

none in particular, except that mkpath() is a nice central place to enforce such oddities, should new ones arise.

OK. Here are three places which I'm fairly sure are implicitly constructing fs:paths without using mkpath:

monotone.cc:189: app.set_database(absolutify(tilde_expand(string(argstr))));
app_state.cc:35:        db.set_filename(dbname);
app_state.cc:49:  db.set_filename(filename());

These places I'm less sure about:

manifest.cc:51:  if (book_keeping_file(path()))
path here is a local_path - not sure if it would implicitly construct a local_path or an fs::path from this? (Since book_keeping_path comes in both flavours)

manifest.cc:115:    if (!book_keeping_file(path))
path here is a string - again not sure what would get implicitly constructed. I'm probably being dense, since the compiler should throw an error if there was any ambiguity, so there's presumably something I'm missing which disambiguates the call.

work.cc:44:  if (book_keeping_file(path()))
work.cc:124:  if (book_keeping_file(path()))
work.cc:231:  if (book_keeping_file(path()))
These are all file_paths. Once again, I'm unsure if as a result it uses the local_path or fs::path version of the function.

I produced this by an amount of dark magic with awk, grep and xargs, followed by manual review of the resulting list, so no guarantees that it's complete, but I'm at least hopeful.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.