Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.34 / Mac OS X / 10.4.9 / PowerPC: build fails.

From: Michał Roszka
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.34 / Mac OS X / 10.4.9 / PowerPC: build fails.
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 04:27:38 +0200

On May 3, 2007, at 3:33 AM, Justin Patrin wrote:

FYI, installing 0.33 via macports also worked fine on my machine.

I tried to install both 0.33 and 0.34 via macports. The Portfile for 0.34 was created by myself and I shared it on macports- address@hidden mailing list. As both installations failed, I decided to perform a manual one -- just to compare the output and determine whether the issue is actually related to macports or is it a monotone's one.

Perhaps you don't have boost installed?

As I initially tried to install monotone via macports, all dependencies should be satisfied. And if I had no boost or another broken dependence, the configuration would probably fail, not the build. Also I am pretty sure that the parameters (prefixes) I gave for ./configure were correct (see: logs attached to another message, which are hopefully accessible now). However:

powermac:~ michal$ which bjam
/opt/local/bin/bjam
powermac:~ michal$ bjam -v
Boost.Jam  Version 3.1.13. OS=MACOSX.
   Copyright 1993-2002 Christopher Seiwald and Perforce Software, Inc.
   Copyright 2001 David Turner.
   Copyright 2001-2004 David Abrahams.
   Copyright 2002-2005 Rene Rivera.
   Copyright 2003-2005 Vladimir Prus.
powermac:~ michal$ port installed | grep boost
  boost @1.33.1_0 (active)
  boost-jam @3.1.13_0 (active)

Kind regards,

--