[Monotone-devel] Overview about tables in database?

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Overview about tables in database?
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 23:17:51 +0900

Is there any overview what the tables in the database mean and how they are related? Some are easy to undertand (like revision_certs or revision_ancestry). Others I have no idea what they mean (like rosters, roster_deltas or heights). I ask as I try to understand what data could be read and displayed in a viewer to create reports which contain more than revisions and links between them. I wonder for example what SQL statement(s) I would need to see source code differences for two given revision IDs? I also wonder what tables have probably no meaning for a viewer and could be dropped from the database (imagine a developer wants to pass monotone's database to management so they can create reports; however the developer doesn't want to send a huge database with all the source code inside as management doesn't know anyway what to do with it).

Boris