Re: [Monotone-devel] Changes in nvm.basic_io.inventory

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Changes in nvm.basic_io.inventory
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:59:24 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen Leake schrieb:
>>
>> Right. The only reason I'm talking about changing the format at all is
>> because you have posted some "corner cases" that are currently broken,
>> and I believe this change would fix those.
>
> One of my last commits fixed the DRx and RAx corner cases.
>
>> I'll work on adding those cases to tests/automate_inventory.
>
> Yep, knowing them would be definitely useful whats left to fix =)

Ok, I've updated tests/automate_inventory/__driver__.lua; I've
improved the comments for each test, and reviewed the results with an
eye towards implementing Emacs DVC. I removed the FIXMEs from the ones
that look ok; there is now only one FIXME left, on the root directory.
So I'm happy with your latest fixes.

I also added a new test directory tests/automate_inventory_path, to
test the path and depth restrictions. The test in
tests/automate_inventory was getting pretty long.

These are checked in.

I went thru the mailing list, looking for test cases that seemed to be
problematic. Most of them are now in tests/automate_inventory_path,
the rest are covered in tests/automate_inventory.

In tests/automate_inventory_path, there are several FIXMEs. I think
you have said those bugs are due to the restrictions code, rather than
the automate code.

So this format is fine, and we can work on implementing the Emacs DVC
inteface to it. I may also try implementing the --no-changes and
--no-ignored options.

I'll edit monotone.texi to document this format.

Thanks for your work, and patience!

--
-- Stephe