Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn log with -b?

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn log with -b?
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:37:01 +1000

On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:27:32 +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:15:44PM +0900, Boris wrote:
Is there any good reason why mtn log doesn't accept a branch name (with the command line option -b)? If I want to check briefly a branch created by
 someone else I have to checkout the branch first?

It will take a revision argument, including a selector.  So what you
want is probably "mtn log -r h:the.branch.name"

Well, yes and no. You've solved the immediate problem, but I still think the question is a valid one: Why isn't a -b <branch> argument to mtn log a synonym for -r h:<branch>?

I've added it to the wishlist in the wiki. Shouldn't be a big change, but I don't have time right now.

Will          :-}