Re: [Monotone-devel] linus talk on git

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] linus talk on git
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 04:02:02 -0700

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 04:00:40PM +0100, Nuno Lucas wrote:
> Actually, the first big performance patch was sent from Linus himself.
> If I'm not mistaken, that was the preliminar support for the inode
> "prints".

No, FTR, he never sent us any actual code -- the reason he's credited
in NEWS is for providing the test cases that let us finally track down
a really really dumb speed bug.

I also wrote the inodeprints stuff that week, also in response to the
speed complaints, but again that wasn't him.

He did put real effort into learning and trying monotone, etc., not
trying to diminish that, just don't want to let factual errors stand.

"If you can explain how you do something, then you're very very bad at it."
  -- John Hopfield