Re: [Monotone-devel] partial pull #2 - gaps instead of a single horizon

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] partial pull #2 - gaps instead of a single horizon
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:34:09 +0200

Hi,

Derek Scherger wrote:
That's not a bad idea actually. Maybe several n.v.m.flag-day.{a,b,c}
branches for various different things.

Hm.. merging branches with need a flag day serves the purpose of reducing the amounts of flag days needed for end-users. Why would you want to have multiple flag day branches?

The idea of setting the root
directory name to "." instead of "" comes to mind

May I ask what that exactly means? Where can I read more about that?

as does the idea of
coalescing the date/author/branch/changelog certs.

Yup. Would be a candidate for merging to a flag day branch, if there was real code for that... or is there something?

Regards

Markus