Re: [Monotone-devel] Failure To Complete Tests With Monotone Version 0.3

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Failure To Complete Tests With Monotone Version 0.34 And 0.35
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 09:11:30 -0700

On 5/31/07, Anthony Edward Cooper <address@hidden> wrote:
[tale of woe elided]

I can't help with anything else, but ...

    In order to get some debug info out of tester, where do I turn on -g
in the make file?

You need to set it in both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS, e.g.

make clean
make all unit_tests tester CFLAGS='-g -O0' CXXFLAGS='-g -O0'
make check

You have to do "make all unit_tests tester", not just "make", because
the unit_tests and tester binaries normally get built during "make
check".  Or you could put the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS settings on the make
check line too.

zw