Re: [Monotone-devel] Failure To Complete Tests With Monotone Version 0.3

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Failure To Complete Tests With Monotone Version 0.34 And 0.35
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 16:34:15 +0200

Hi Anthony!

>    System is SlackWare 9.0 running with a multi-processor kernel, gcc
> version 3.2.2, Boost library version 1.33.1.

As a side note, probably not related to your problem, but your gcc seems
to be pretty old. We currently only have buildbots for gcc 3.3 and
upwards and even considering to drop support for 3.3 sometime in the future.

> I am am also getting
> similar problems trying to build it, using the same version of the
> compiler and Boost library, on SPARC Solaris 9.0. The Boost library is
> built exactly according to the instructions given in the INSTALL file
> contained within monotone's tar file, and monotone is built as follows:
>
> ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I../boost_1_33_1"
> LDFLAGS="-L../boost_1_33_1/libs" --prefix=/opt/GNU
> make
> make check
> make install DESTDIR=/home/aecoope/monotone/mtn-3.5
>
>    I have attached the output from `make check' for both monotone
> version 0.34 and 0.35.

Apparently all tests fail for netsync operations, i.e. mtn pull / sync.
Could you please send the detailed log output for one of the failing
tests? They're located under tester_dir/<testname>/tester.log.

Thank you for reporting this issue!

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz