Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// sync
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 23:17:29 -0500

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 19:46 -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> I've just added support for mtn:// URLs for push/pull/sync. They look
> like mtn://server?include&!exclude , I chose this over something like
> mtn://server/include because it handles include/exclude in a way that
> should be compatible with file:// and ssh:// sync.
>
> Having a separate include pattern, and the --exclude option, should be
> redundant now (or fairly soon, after tweaking the other URL scheme
> handling to accept include/exclude as a query string), so I'm planning
> to remove these parameters from the netsync commands.

* This now uses '/' and '-' instead of '&' and '!', to be more
shell-friendly.

* It allows for include=foo and exclude=bar as well as the '-' to mark
excludes.

* The '-' is only considered special if it's the first character in the
pattern, so 'net.venge.monotone-viz*' will work just fine.

* It doesn't do urldecoding yet (needed for patterns / branch names with
a '/' or '#' in them, or starting with a '-').

* Include / exclude patterns are only pulled from the query string
(after a '?').

* The get_netsync_connect_command() hook is back like it was.

* Documentation hasn't been updated yet.

All of these should work:

mtn sy monotone.ca net.venge.monotone* --exclude *experiment*

mtn sy mtn://monotone.ca?net.venge.monotone/-*experiment*

mtn sy mtn://monotone.ca?include=net.venge.monotone/exclude=*experiment*

mtn sy file:///path/to/db.mtn?net.venge.monotone*/-*experiment*