Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:28:45 -0600

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Jack Lloyd <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 07:39:51PM -0600, Derek Scherger wrote:
> Looking at the current checks for botan versions it seems that if I happened
> to have 1.8.12 we would let it in because we check for major ==1 and patch
> between 8 and 17.
> Would using the version macros that botan defines be a better way to check
> things?

+1

I've made this change and also moved sqlite to the Attic which went much more smoothly than I was expecting since it involved upgrading from 3.4.2 to 3.5.9. One test fails with this later change, fail_cleanly_on_unreadable_db, which I assume is an actual change in sqlite behaviour but I'm not certain of this.

I'm now looking at idna (libidn) which ought to be easy but isn't because of some changes that were made at the 2007 summit iirc. Lapo, do you recall the "best effort" stuff that got added to idna/toutf8.c? This is not in idna 1.5 but I'm wondering if maybe idna 1.5 might just do the right thing?

Cheers,
Derek